Tenure Track Position in Occupational Therapy – Seniors
The Department of Occupational Therapy, Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières (UQTR), invites applications from qualified individuals for a tenure-track position in Occupational Therapy – Seniors, subject to approval by the relevant authorities.
Starting date: December 1, 2018, or as agreed upon with the University.
- A PhD in Rehabilitation Science or a discipline related to Occupational Therapy. Postdoctoral studies in a discipline related to Occupational Therapy.
- Membership as an Occupational Therapist, in good standing, in the Ordre des ergothérapeutes du Québec and the Canadian Association of Occupational Therapists, with practice experience in occupational therapy working with seniors in a health care or social services facility, public or private, in one or more of the following sectors: health promotion, prevention, evaluation, development or maintenance of abilities, adaptations in the physical environment, home support, case management, community resources, consulting or management. More specifically, the successful applicant will have skills in the following areas as they relate to the job functions:
- Teaching: have university teaching experience using a skills-based program approach;
- Research: have a clearly defined and significant research program, be a member of an official organization (laboratory, group, etc.), have submitted, or participated in developing, a grant proposal, and have participated as part of a team on a given project;
- Community services: having established relationships with, or being currently involved in, community organizations would be an asset;
- Pedagogical direction: having carried out management duties within an institutional setting would be an asset.
Note: Knowledge of French and English is required for this position.
The successful candidate will be engaged in teaching, research, and service to the community, and will provide pedagogical direction.
All qualified individuals are invited to apply; however, priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Other information/How to apply:
For a full job description (in French) and application details, please visit www.uqtr.ca/postesofferts
Closing date: Only those applications received by 5 p.m., March 2, 2018, will be considered.
UQTR (Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières) is a young university with a highly personal environment, firmly focused on scientific research. With more than 280 programs of study, including several that are unique to Québec and Canada, UQTR stands out for its dynamic community and the expertise of its faculty.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from women, members of visible and ethnic minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities. Priority will, however, be given to individuals with Canadian citizen or permanent resident status. Accommodation measures may be available to persons with disabilities according to their needs.