2023 Student Summer Course
Dear ENOTHE member, Dear student,
We are pleased to announce the 3rd edition of the international ENOTHE Student Summer Course. The topic for this edition is “Community Perspectives on Occupation and Implications for a Sustainable and Digital Society” and the aim is to provide the necessary skills to:
- Describe the role of occupational therapists in community work with diverse groups, considering the multiple challenges and opportunities that the pandemic and the digitalisation of many occupations has brought to societies.
- Explain how the use of occupation can enhance participation of individuals and groups in community.
- Evaluate the influence of local context and policies on occupation for diverse groups and communities.
- Gain a deeper understanding about advocacy and policy, from a community perspective.
- Design community programs by learning about currently innovative projects and community-based assessments.
Students interested in fostering change within communities and adopting a community-based approach to address issues of relevance to occupation, such as occupational injustice and social marginalization through digital transitions are welcome to apply for this course. The course will follow an evidence-based approach, as well as recollect best-practices in the field.
The hosts of this course are the Occupational Therapy Programmes of First Faculty of Medicine in Prague (Charles University), the Health University of Applied Sciences Tyrol (FH Gesundheit) and University School of Nursing and Occupational Therapy of Terrassa (Autonomous University of Barcelona), together in collaboration with ENOTHE and SPOTeurope.
Through lectures with European experts in the field, discussions and practical sessions, our mission is to contribute to the development of occupational therapy competencies, including critical reasoning, teamwork skills, and the ability to create change and incorporate/facilitate efficient collaboration among key stakeholders. This course will facilitate a unique intercultural dialogue and international experience sharing among Occupational Therapy students. Alongside, SPOTeurope will guide unique educational student exchange workshops and leading rich social programmes.
We look forward to seeing you there,
The ENOTHE Student Summer Course 2023 Task Force
Course Information and Guidelines for Registration
Date: 26th June-29th June 2023
Course language: English
Course modality: online, via Microsoft Teams
Contact hours: Direct: 16H; Indirect/Autonomous: 6H
- All occupational therapy cycle students are welcome to apply.
- Worldwide Occupational Therapy students are welcome to apply.
- Students from ENOTHE member institutions are entitled to discount tuition fees. (check if your institution is an ENOTHE member – link)
Early registration (until May 25th 2023)
Students from ENOTHE member institution: 50€
Students from a non-member ENOTHE institution: 60€
Late registration (until June 15th 2023)
Students from ENOTHE member institution: 75€
Students from a non-member ENOTHE institution: 85€
You can register by filling in the registration form here: Online Registration Form